Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Hump Day

Happy Wednesday.

This has been a weird week. There's no other way I can describe it. For instance I'm pretty sure Llana is in heat. And before you toss me in the street and run me over for not having her spayed, remember she's sick! She's immune deficient! We haven't yet determined when it will be safe to do surgery on her, if ever. In the meantime I get to deal with incessant meowing. Like all evening, and at 2:30am, and all morning. Did I mention it was incessant? I've tried letting her in the room, out of the room, giving her food again, giving her new water, cleaning the litter box. Nothing. Nada. Except meoooooow. meeoooow. mowww?

Yesterday I went home downright miserable, and then felt bad for dragging Carl into my misery with me. What can I say, I feel awful that we struggle, and it's mostly because of me. Starting your own business isn't easy. I could have made it okay on both of us and just gone to school to be a brain surgeon or something. You know, easy money. Just kidddding. Some days, after I tell him I'm going to spend some more money on something glorious like a canvas or a lens, I know he wants to just toss his hands in the air and sacrifice himself to The Federal Reserve or The Credit Reporting Agencies. We capitlize those in our house. Their big players.

Also huge huge huge shout out to my Mommy (yes I still call her Mommy) for all of her help on Saturday. Those of you who were there may have noticed her hanging out with me and going above and beyond to make sure my table was noticed, that people entered the drawing, and that people know HOW PROUD SHE IS of me. Thank you Mommy. I couldn't do any of this without you. Not only did she come with me on Saturday, but she also helped me get multiple frames for basically like a dollar from yard sales, and then painted them black. That's because she's awesome. I also receive text messages from her frequently with ideas and questions such as: why don't you have this this and this picture in your gallery on the new website? You need to put it on there. Now. And she reads my blog. Almost every day.

Also, for those of you that received my e-mail after the walk, apparently there was a misspelling in the subject line. What I don't understand is that it's spelled correctly in my outbox. Go figure. It makes me get a pain in my lower back to think of people going jeez, she doesn't have spell check? I promise it was spelled correctly, but just in case: announcement! LOL.
edited to add: For those of you who don't think typos are hereditary, check out the comments under this post from Mommy. Love you Ma;)

I have some sessions I'm really looking forward to in the next few weeks. I know its going to be a great time :)

Anyway, here is Bear saying HAPPY HUMP DAY
and letting you know he has a huge head.
I know when Carl and his mom read that their going to beat me with a pillowcase full of bars of soap. BRING IT!

little does she know, I'm only testing her to see if she reads my blog. Like when I call her cat the Devil (which, seriously, she is).

5 comments:

  1. I had a great day on saturday, I think we had a blast, I have never seen so many beautiful dogs, you gave a great pesentation and worked hard.
    I wish you all the luck in the world and if given a chance everyone who books you will love the end results, and you.
    I remember when you were very young we used to hit the woods for our walks when ever it snowed and always had camera at hand then, and all the pictures of every animal at all the farms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It should read PRESENTATION!!!!!!!!!!!Sorry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that anyone who books you will love your work AND you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. keep plugging away jennie. it will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cats in heat are a pain in the neck. Sorry.

    It's funny, I'm starting to read every day as well. You've got a way with words. It makes me smile daily. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete